This is a brief description of how ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.hires the best of the best candidates available in the labor market to staff the most demanding positions.
ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC. is active on most major job portals and professional websites:
- Job Bank
- Linked In
- Directory Listings
We also accept referrals from leading Government and Community Schools and Colleges that offer Personal Support Worker and Community Service Worker programs to name a few.
(Please refer to our partner links for more details on these schools and colleges)……https://ask4care.com/partnerships
At ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC. our Human Resource Team goes through anywhere between 250-300 applications every week!
We get all sorts of resumes for various positions that we have advertised. We do request that potential applicants follow the job application procedure listed on the website as advertised.
Correct application procedure helps us not only to place you in the proper category(s) it also helps speed up your turn for a potential interview.
Screening at ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC. is done on the basis of the recruitment drive that is being serviced for a particular client so needs of the job keep varying but basic credentials hold true throughout such as : PSW (Personal Support Worker) diploma or higher.
If you do not have all the required certifications/trainings for the job as required by the client ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.is able to offer you these trainings in-house or at partner locations at “subsidized” rates so you can start work with no further delay!
After ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC. determines through visual review that you are somewhat suited to the job criteria we are looking for we will then call you for a telephone interview to determine whether you have the further credentials that are required for the job or whether you are willing to get trained to perform the job as required. You may also be asked other details pertaining to experience and other skill-set that you may not have listed on your resume.
Once we have determined you are a fit or a potential fit for the position as advertised we will call you in for an interview at one of our locations.
Candidates are interviewed by one of our experienced “Consultants”.
ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.
- Introduction and Ice breaker
- Application form provided to candidates to fill out
- Interviewer asks applicant for relevant documents, certificates, credentials, ID etc to make applicant file
- Applicant documents are scanned and the file is created
- Applicant completes the application
- Brief discussion with interviewer on the applicant’s professional background, relevant experience, reasons for choosing this profession
- Applicant is allowed to ask questions
- Interview ends.
ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC. “Interview tips from the Experts that hire you ;)”
- Be on time! this cannot be stressed enough; map the destination before the actual interview and give yourself plenty of time keeping in mind road and weather conditions.
- Dress to impress! Don’t show up in trainers or spaghetti straps – this is a professional interview so we do expect you to dress professionally – business casual is the need of the day and a bare minimum.
- Follow instruction Pay attention to what the interviewer is saying, listen carefully when you are addressed and if in doubt always ask again – everything you say and do in the interview count as indicators of your competence and how you would perform at a client location on your own.
- Turn off that cell phone! like the heading says – just turn off your cell phone or keep it on vibrate but don’t attend to it during the interview.. its not professional and can wait.
- Have your references ready you will be asked to provide 2 professional references – please have them ready when you come to the interview.
- Resume and related documents bring along all your certificates, degrees and diplomas relevant to the position you have applied for. Also remember to bring photo identification.
- Hand-writing for all those applicants that haven’t written in the past decade or so – please practice as you will have a written assignment as a part of the application process.
- Eye contact maintain eye-contact when being spoken to, it shows you are attentive and interested.
- Posture Always maintain good posture – whether you’re at an interview or not. Sit upright and act interested at all times.
- Speak less, Listen more Allow the interviewer to complete sentences, don’t cut in – don’t speak endlessly, maintain professionalism at all times.
Reference and Background Checks:
Once the interview is over ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.requires 2-3 weeks to process your file before you go LIVE on our systems which means you are ready to be booked for potential assignments.
Your references have checked out and you are now ready to be booked for shift work at ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.
Remember to ALWAYS be reachable on the contact number you have provided us – we are a 24/7 operation and expect you to be available within the availability slots that you have specified during your interview at ASK4CARE SUPPORT SERVICES INC.
The more you pick up your phone and accept shifts – the more you get called and the more shifts you end up getting in a given week or month; the bigger your paycheck